Information reaching us today, is that the National Universities Commission (NUC) has observed with great concern, that certain Nigerian universities are currently running unapproved postgraduate programmes, which leads to the award of Masters and PhD degrees.
The National University Commission has also observed that some Parastatals and academic institutes are awarding these same Postgraduate degrees, either on their own or through unapproved affiliations with Nigerian and foreign Universities. And according to NUC, these practices are not only unethical, but they are also antithetical to time-tested quality assurance best practices.
The qualificationsor awards which are being issued from this institutions are not recognized.
The National University Commission hereby, notifies the general public that only the following universities have approval to offer post-graduate programmes at the Masters and Ph.D levels in Nigeria, as of the 30th of July, 2012:
1. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University,Bauchi.
2. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
3. Bayero University, Kano.
4. Federal University of Technology, Akure.
5. Federal University of Technology, Minna.
6. Federal University of Technology, Owerri.
7. Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike.
8. Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola.
9. National Open University of Nigeria.
11. Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.
12. ObafemiAwolowo University, Ile-Ife.
13. University of Abuja, Gwagwalada.
14. University of Agriculture, Abeokuta.
15. University of Agriculture, Makurdi.
16. University of Benin, Benin City.
17. University of Calabar, Calabar.
18. University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
19. University of llorin, llorin.
20. University of Jos, Jos.
21. University of Lagos, Akoka.
22. University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri.
23. University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
24. University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt.
Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna
25. University of Uyo, Uyo.
26. Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto.
1. Abia State University, Uturu.
2. Adamawa State University, Mubi.
3. Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko.
4. Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma.
5. Anambra State University, Uli.
6. Benue State University, Makurdi.
7. Cross River University of Technology, Calabar.
8. Delta State University, Abraka.
9. Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki.
10. Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti.
11. Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu.
12. Imo State University, Owerri.
13. Kogi State University, Anyigba.
14. Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso.
15. Lagos State University,Ojo.
16. Nasarawa State University, Keffi.
17. Niger-Delta University, Wilberforce Island.
18. Olabisi Onabanjo University, AgoIwoye.
19. Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt.
20. Umaru Musa Yar¡¯Adua University, Katsina.
21. Gombe State University, Gombe.
1. African University of Science and Technology, Abuja.
2. American University of Nigeria, Yola.
3. Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo.
4. Benson Idahosa University, Benin City.
5. Bowen University, Iwo.
6. Covenant University, Ota.
7. Igbinedion University,Okada.
8. Pan-African University, Lekki.
9. Redeemer University, Mowe, Ogun State.
10. Caleb University, Lagos.
11. Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji Arakeji, Osun State.
This is to inform Employers of labour, educational institutions and other stakeholders, that they are to note that only certificates issued by these universities, for their approved programmes, are valid for employment, for further studies and other related purposes.
However, whenever you are in doubt regarding the status of any programme or certificate in Nigeria, PLEASE note that the National Universities Commission should be contacted through email@example.com and through the following telephone numbers: 08027455412,
Copied from DailyschoolNews.com